Saturday, August 16, 2014

We Are Women

We are women!

Yes, I'm shouting that out loud just in case you didn't know.

I'm a firm believer that as a woman, you can do anything a man can.  Perhaps, you won't be able to do it in the same manner, but if, as a woman, you set your mind to it, you can do it.

Recently, my neighbor, Koreann, upstairs had some mattresses that needed to be moved out to the dumpsters after a roommate moved out.  She thought, maybe, she should just wait until her "man" (aka, Nathan) gets home.  But, Nathan has been very sick in the hospital.

Well, I'm not one to wait on someone else to do things for me, so Koreann and I moved these huge queen size mattresses ourselves.  I'm sure that the neighbors got quite the kick out of seeing the two of us with these huge mattresses precariously perched on our heads as we laughed and joked all the way to the back of our apartment complex.



The point is, that even though it may have been easier to wait, there is nothing we cannot accomplish if we set our minds to it.  True, we could have waited and had a "nice, strong man" handle it for us.  But, to me, it's important that we did it.

It's part of taking care of our family in my mind for a woman to be able to handle anything that she is faced whether it be a flat tire or a couple of queen sized mattresses that just needed to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment