Friday, August 8, 2014

Tribute to an old friend

I wrote this poem many years ago when I was in still in high school.  

There was a wonderful older woman, named Jerri.  She was a friend of my grandmother and was always so friendly to me.  


*   *   *   *   *


Lord, I beg!


To that magical woman
Who brought smiles to our faces
Who was always young
-- and always beautiful

Oh Lord, I pray,
That you give her a seat
In your kingdom above.

So loved with an open heart
Never selfish - have I known
Never demanding or cruel
- or harmful

I love her Lord!
Please, I beg of you - 
Protect her fragile soul
and love her 
With the love she gave to us

She was energetic -
joyful -
playful -
A young babe - 
Her memories shall not die -
For I love her too much

Make her an angel - a saint -
a messenger.
She is love Lord -
Always giving never wanting
She is our Jerri Lenard!!


No comments:

Post a Comment