Thursday, January 2, 2014

Permanent Marker ... Oh My!

It was one of those days when you just don't seem to be able to get motivated.  I spent most of my day sitting in front of the computer viewing job postings.  The house is a mess and there is a load of laundry to be done.  So what type of highlight can such a day have?  I have two words "Permanent Marker" ... okay, a thirtd "Ani".

Ani is my little toddler.  She loves to get into anything she can.  If you aren't watching closely, she will become a hurricane through the house.  Nothing seems to be safe.  Pretty standard toddler behavior.

We had gone to the pet store to pick up crickets.  Yes, crickets for the lizards.  When we got home I put away the crickets and then looked into the living room.  Something just wasn't right.  There was an odd shadow across Ani's face and she was covering something up.  No!  Not again.  I knew what had happened.  Ani had found the only permanent marker left in the house.  She had black cheeks, black arms and hands and black legs. 

Whatever shall I do?!  First, count to ten.  That didn't work, take a few more deep breathes and don't say a word.  Internet!  Yes, that is what I will do.  There must be some way to remove this without using nail polish remover or bleach on a toddler's face.  

Baby Oil!  ... baby oil?  No way!  That could not possibly work.  Still I had to try.  I found an old rag, grabbed the baby oil and rubbed softly on her black cheek.  It worked!  Yes, it worked! 

I am so thrilled that I was able to get most of it off her face and the rest of her body.  It doesn't work completely, but it does get most of it off.  Now, we have a greased up little darling who is about to get a shower.

We will never be without baby oil in the house.  I wondered when I had children, why does everyone give baby oil to new mothers.  I thought I would never use all the baby oil I was given.  I was wrong.  Sometimes it's good to be wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment