Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Who is Pumpkin?

Who is Pumpkin?

Pumpkin is my compainion.  He is handsome, and never talks back.  He likes to cuddle and is non-obtrusive.
Pumpkin is a bearded dragon.  He came to me one day when I was at my favorite pet shop.  They had posted on their FaceBook page that some beautiful little bearded dragons had come to them that had been injured (aka mutilated) by another bearded dragons.  These little guys were just babies.  I couldn't help looking at them.  I was shown one and allowed to hold him.  I thought maybe I wanted to look at another, but this little guy would not let go and he melted my heart.  He needed some care, his back legs had been chomped pretty good.  This little guy came home with me.  I thought he would go to my oldest son whose bearded dragon had passed away.  It didn't work that way.  I had just been laid off from work, Tony (my other half) had just started working.  I was home alone with a toddler for the first time.  I didn't know what to do.  The little bearded dragon became my constant compainion.  We got two new leather back bearded dragons for my oldest and the little dragon with the injured back legs became mine.  Or, maybe I became his.

I named him Pumpkin.  He came to me right before Halloween and has such beautiful red and orange coloring.  His demenour is awesome.

Pumpking helped me to get through a very difficult time.  I was very depressed.  I didn't know what to do.  I wasn't used to staying home.  I did a lot of cleaning and organizing.  Through it all, Pumpkin spent my days with me.  When I needed a break from the toddler, Pumpkin was there to sit and chill with me and listen to my woes.  He would sit on my shoulder as I did housework.  When it was time to take a break, and have a snack, Pumpkin was right there.  I'd fix him a little china bowl of mealworms and myself a few slices of cheese and we'd watch a little television.

Pumpkin is my bud.  He's there for me in a way that is hard to understand.  I've had dogs before, even cats, but Pumpkin is something different.  He's more than just a pet.  He's a bit of a healer, that crazy little dragon.  He helped me through some major depression.

So, my blog is dedicated to Pumpkin, the bearded dragon.


No comments:

Post a Comment