Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good Morning.

Today, I start my first blog.  I am new to this.  I've read many different people's blogs and everyone has a different style.  I find my mind jumps so much I wonder if I will be able to keep to a single theme.

First, I suppose I should introduce myself.  I am Tisha (aka Marie).  I am currently a stay at home mom.  I haven't always been a stay at home mom.  This is an endeavour that I only recently started on when I was laid off at the end of September.  Before I was laid off I was a working mom.  I worked in Intellectual Property as an assistant and a paralegal for almost 20 years.

Things haven't been so easy after being laid off.  Our family's main source of income disappeared overnight.  Yikes!  I think that is something that would scare the daylights out of anyone.  Nevertheless, I have tried to find little ways of making a little extra, and especially keeping a good attitude about this new adventure.

Yes, I have been trying to find work.  I even worked for two weeks weeding a neighbor's gravel drive by hand to help make rent.  I've submitted application after application.  The economy just isn't so good and living in South Florida there isn't very much of a demand for people who have done little more than patents and trademark work.  I am willing to try new things and who knows ... maybe this new adventure will lead enable me to follow some dreams that I never could before.  I always knew I loved gardening.  Now, I know that it is something I can take as much pride in as I did intellectual property work.

So, that's a little introduction to me.  You will learn more and more about me, my thoughts, beliefs, and so much more in the coming blogs.  I hope you will stick with me as I learn about blogging and I can assure you I will get better at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment